ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MINTY Week #3 Chocolate Mint Marvels

Let me tell you all the things I love about these cookies. If that is even possible.
1. They are mint and chocolate.
2. They have a swirly top which makes them pretty, but it is set so it's not messy in transit. An important quality in goody plate items!
3. They taste like Andes mints!!!
4. The recipe is soooooper easy and no-fuss. Look how short the directions are! Talk about cookie bang for effort buck.
5. They come from my friend Julia (via Dessert Club), who has also brought us such amazing recipes as Mrs. June's Heavenly Coconut Cake and Peanut Butter and Chocolate Crispy Squares. Plus she's one of my favorite people and yummy things from people I like makes me like them even more.So you should like me even more after making these yourself.

Chocolate Mint Marvels
3/4 c butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3-4 packages of Andes mints

1. Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt; put mixture into a bowl and let cool.

2. Add eggs, and then mix in flour and baking soda. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat covers.

3. Bake for 9 min. Remove cookies from oven and place an Andes mint on each one. As the candy melts, spread it across the top of the cookie with a butter knife. Makes 3 dozen.

Recipe from Dessert Club member Julia M.


Click here for printable recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...