Now, keep in mind. This isn't a thing where everyone brings cookies, you pick one that looks good, then sit down to chat. We vote. There is a prize*. So everyone must taste everything. It is a burden borne by all. To ease the weight of this task, cold milk and a bowl of pretzels was provided. I couldn't have made it through such a sugarfest without them. In no particular order, we had:
- Chocolate Mint Marvels
- Almond-Orange Bars
- Pink Grapefruit Sandwich Cookies (one of my favorites; it was my second cookie because I didn't know how my first would turn out)
- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- Homemade Samoas
- Apricot Almond Cookies
- Pecan Praline Cookies
- "The Bomb" Cookies (since you are wondering it's the one with M&M's on top - in the center is a Milky Way candy)
- Cardamom Cream-Filled Snaps (my first cookie, which did turn out well once I got the hang of it on the last batch - everyone really liked them)
- Surprise Cookies (with a marshmallow inside)
- Peppermint Bark Fudge Chewies (hello)
- Double Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies
- Mr. Grinch's Chocolate Chip Cookies (which arrived after I'd taken the pictures...but trust me, they were BRIGHT green!)
I can't even remember what I voted for because I had three favorites: Chocolate Mint Marvels, Almond-Orange Bars, and Chewy Chocolate-Gingerbread Cookies (I need to look closer at the recipe and see if they are the same Chocolate Ginger Cookies I posted a few years ago.) But there was not a bad cookie in the spread. Which came as no surprise.
This was the first time my Mom came to Dessert Club. She lives about 30 minutes away so she may not come every time but is an honorary member whenever she wants to. She made the Almond-Orange Bars which were YUMMY. She also made a custom Christmas ornament for everyone in attendance - an adorable, glittery, cherry-topped cupcake on which she had painted "DC 2010." Now that we all have the same ornament, we are really, really in a club. So I gotta get my game on for January.
*The prize this month was some cute cookie things including a cookie scoop and my new favorite, edible glitter!