ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Friday, May 29, 2009

Kelly's Awesome Banana Muffins

I have made a lot of banana breads and banana muffins in my day. Most are good but not sensational. And every time I try a new one, I wonder why I am bothering since I already have the best recipe ever in my possession. I got it from my friend Kelly in New York about a year ago, and doubt I will ever find its equal. These are simply the best banana muffins ever...and they don't even need chocolate chips!

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 to 1 1/2 cups oats
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
Almond extract, optional (yeah, baby!)

1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix flour, oats, salt and baking soda.

2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in bananas and eggs until well blended. Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour into twelve greased or paper line muffin cups.

3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (test with a toothpick.) Makes 12 muffins

3 comments:

Ashley McNair said...

These are amazing! The perfect mid-morning snack. My go-to recipe for using my old bananas now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Can't WAIT to try these - thank you! For the record, I have to say I'll be adding in cinnamon chips. Thanks again! Laura from Fargo

Disco Mom said...

Laura from Fargo - let me know what you think. And please tell me, where do you find cinnamon chips??? I have only found them once in my life, at a candy supply store, and they weren't out on the shelf - I had to ask and they scooped me some in the back, like a secret. If they sell them in your regular grocery store I might consider moving to Fargo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...