ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Banana Split Bars

This recipe is awesome. I got it from some non-descript comb-bound cookie book my Mom picked up at a used bookstore, absolutely no publication information. So I'm claiming it as my own. These are MY Banana Split Bars. Go ahead, top with ice cream. And don't forget the cherry on top. You should have some left over.

1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 banana, mashed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped nuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup maraschino cherrys, drained and quartered
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.

2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, banana, and vanilla; mix well. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

3. Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips and cherries. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan; cut into bars.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...