- I made this for Mother's Day this year, along with Pistachio Pound Cake.
- I got this from a Southern Living article that compared two lemon cream pie recipes - "Mama's Way" (this one) and "Your Way" (which uses shortcuts like store bought crust, instant pudding, and lemonade concentrate.)
- As hard as it is for me to remember, I'M the Mom around here, and someday my girls will refer to certain foods as "Mom's". So I'm starting now. And this pie is worthy of that label.
Mom's Lemon Pie (print recipe)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 T powdered sugar
3 T butter, melted
6 egg yolks
2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
2 T powdered sugar
Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh mint leaves, and/or crushed lemon drop candies
1. Preheat oven to 350. Stir together first two ingredients; add butter, stirring until blended. Press mixture on bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
2. Whisk together egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice. Pour into prepared crust.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour.) Cover and chill for 4 hours.
4. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form; dollop over chilled pie. Garnish, if desired.
Recipe from Southern Living, August 2010
1 year ago: Peach Hand Pies
2 years ago: Baked Buttermilk Donuts
3 years ago: Deep Dark Double Chocolate Bread