ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Monday, August 2, 2010

Baked Buttermilk Donuts

So a few months ago I gave you baked donuts. Here I am trying another recipe, this time the one that came from Wilton, on the back of the pan. These are also delicious, but with the hint of nutmeg, I recommend sticking with a sugar coating or vanilla/maple glaze. My kids insisted on chocolate, so I did it for them, but it clashed with the nutmeg and did neither of them a favor. However, the ones tossed with cinnamon and powdered sugar knocked my socks off.
Baked Buttermilk Donuts
2 cups cake flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 T butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 425. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, and butter. Beat until just combined. Spoon batter into a large plastic bag. Snip off the corner and pipe batter into donut pan cavities, filling each about 2/3 full.

3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until the top of the donuts springs back when touched. Let cool in pan for 4 to 5 minutes before removing. Finish donuts with glaze, cinnamon sugar or confectioner's sugar. Best served fresh. Makes 12 donuts.

For vanilla or maple glaze, see this post.

Recipe from Donut Pan package by Wilton

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...