ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dessert Club - Summer Fruits

I'm so sorry you were not able to come to July Dessert Club and yet I am forcing you to look at all these delectable pictures. And my lame camera does not even do them justice! The theme this month was "Summer Fruits" and there was excellent representation: blueberries, blackberries, peaches, strawberries, raspberries, plums, and even tomatoes and basil. Let's just dig in, shall we?
Lemon Curd Trifle with Fresh Berries
(I LOVE trifle! And I have this same bowl, love it, too)

Raspberry Mousse Tart with Chocolate Crust
Sour Cream Panna Cotta with Blackberry Compote (sooo pretty!

Blackberry-Peach Buttermilk Upside Down Cake

"Polar Bear Tracks" (Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bon Bons, hello!)

Heirloom Tomato and Peach Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
(tomatoes fresh from her garden!)

Blueberry Lemonade with Ginger and Basil
(one of mine - apparently "not for everyone" but I LOVE it - recipe coming soon!)
Upside Down Plum Cake with Almond Whipped Cream (my vote of the evening)

Fresh Strawberry Pie
And the winner of the evening...Peach Hand Pies!
Recipe coming...you will not believe the miraculous wonder this crust is...
And I don't usually do this but I will give you a little info on next month's theme since I am SO EXCITED about it. At our Fruits meeting everyone brought a printed recipe, and slipped it into a manilla envelope - TOP SECRET! At the end, we stacked up the envelopes and everyone chose one, peeking to make sure they didn't pick their own. But nobody knows whose recipe they have, and nobody knows who has their recipe. All will be revealed, including TWO winners, at the August meeting...

1 comment:

Janet said...

This is a torture to look at and not taste. They all look super delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...