ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Monday, July 4, 2011

Dessert Club - 9 x 13

Mmm, just look at all those rectangles! What could be more American than a 9-by-13?

I thought this was a very clever theme for Dessert Club, because honestly, a whole lot of good things come out of 9x13's. As soon as we chose it, my mind started racing. Coconut Milk Pudding Rolls? Whopper Cake? (oh, my, so good.) Marmalade Nut Brownies? Lemon Ginger Bars? Or something completely new? Oh, my.

In the end I chose one of my favorite recipes from last year, Cardamom-Lime Sweet Rolls. They are just so cute and fabulous, and maybe a little unexpected for a 9x13 night.

Of course, I wasn't the only one coming up with fabulousness.


Blueberry Crumble Bars

Amazing Berry Cobbler
(dished up with vanilla ice cream - this was my favorite of the night)

Disappearing Marshmallow Brownies

And the winner of the evening...and you can see why...it was a very close vote...
Peanut Butter Cashew Brownies, wow!
(I will be getting you that recipe tout de suite - it might be a little melty at summer pot lucks but you can find a time and place for these soon I'm sure.)So. If you were going to a 9x13 night, what would YOU make? (With links if you have them, please!)

1 year ago: Firecracker Pops
2 years ago: Happy 4th Sugar Cookies

1 comment:

Arlene Delloro said...

I think I just put on 10 lbs looking at your 9X13's. Great idea, by the way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...