ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lemon Ice Cream (YUMMY)

This recipe comes from my friend Julia and it's like the lemon version of that amazing Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet. My Mom was over for lunch the other day and we had it for dessert; she called it "Lemon Creamsicle" which it exactly would be if I'd frozen it in pops instead of a Tupperware. Wow, which would be AWESOME. This ice cream is so fresh and sweet, truly just what I needed in this peak heat of neverending August.

Lemon Ice Cream
2/3 to 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (depending on the potency of the lemons, which is completely subjective - I used somewhere between these measurements)
2 cups sugar
4 cups (1 quart) half-and-half

Stir these three ingredients together until sugar is somewhat dissolved. Pour into electric ice cream machine and churn, churn, churn. Place in plastic container in freezer to freeze completely.
Recipe from Julia M.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...