ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Strawberries and Cream Pie

I'm so sad this pie is gone. I could eat it all. And almost did.

This here is the strawberry version of last year's Peaches and Cream Pie and it is just as good. I was lazy (and short on time) so I used a store-bought graham crust. But next time I would make my own (from the Key Lime Pie recipe.) Or you could use a regular pie crust. Whatever you like. Just remember, this recipe makes two pies so have two of whatever. And you need about three boxes of strawberries, half for the puree, half for the slices.

The picture says most of it. So sweet, so strawberry-ish, so creamy. We had this for my half-birthday celebration and it was worthy of the cause. Which is saying something because I really, really love my half-birthday.

Strawberries and Cream Pie
2 frozen (or graham) pie crusts
1 1/2 cups strawberry puree (about 1 1/2 pounds of fresh strawberries)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 small pkg strawberry jello
1 1/2 pounds strawberries, sliced
8 oz. cream cheese (low-fat is OK)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip (Lite is OK)

1. Thaw and bake pie crusts according to package directions if necessary. Allow to cool.

2. Boil sugar and strawberry puree, then add cornstarch and water. Cook till thickened and then add jello and stir until dissolved. Put into fridge to cool.

3. Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add Cool Whip and combine well.

4. Put cream mixture in pie shell, then top with sliced fresh strawberries. Pour syrup over top and refrigerate until set, a few hours. Repeat for second pie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...