ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dessert Club - Pies and Tarts

We interrupt the regularly programmed queue of Herbs & Spices recipes because Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  And you need to know about Pies and Tarts night!  Seriously, last year's was so good, I wondered how we could do another.  But yeah, we did.  And it was amazing.  And we outdid ourselves.  Like we always do.  And my brother came.  Like he does, once a year, for Pie Night.  (There he is, in the back, eating part of my lineup.)



FYI, this post is gonna have a lot of pictures.  I starred some of my favorites, but honestly, there wasn't a bad one in the spread.

Sweet Potato Pie
 

Cranberry-Apple Pie
 

Brown Butter Tart with Raspberries and White Chocolate
 

Spiced Blackberry Custard Pie
 

Peanut Butter-Apple Pie
 

Dreamy High Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
 

*Banana-Caramel Coconut Creme Pie
 

*Lemon-Lavender Pie (mine)
 

*Chocolate Caramel Hazelnut Tart
 

*Pear Croustade with Lemon Pastry
 

*Cranberry Awesomeness

...and the winner of the evening...my very own...

Salted Almond Praline Tart
 

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much!  What a night!  The winner won this and this for future pie-making endeavors.


I will work to get you some of these recipes by Pie Weekend; in the meantime, what are you making for Thanksgiving dessert?  It's just so hard to choose!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Kari! Could you especially post the recipe for the cranberry apple pie soon? That will be on our Thanksgiving dessert list - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...