ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

About a month ago, I wanted to make this bread, which I've made many times, but I couldn't find the recipe.  I looked all over my blog, couldn't believe I'd never posted it.  I looked through cookbooks and binders - where was that favorite chocolate zucchini bread?!  Finally I found it in a family cookbook I made a few years ago, phew!  But seriously, it needs to be on here.  You need this recipes.  Two words for you:  Double.  Chocolate.  And you can see little green flecks so it's healthy-ish, too!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread (print recipes)
Makes two 9 x 5-inch loaves

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 T ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.

2.  In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix well.  In a separate bowl, combine sugar and eggs and beat until well blended.  Add oil and vanilla; beat until combined.  Stir in zucchini.  Add flour mixture; stir just until moistened.  Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.  Spoon evenly into loaf pans.

3.  Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes.  Remove bread from pans; cool completely on wire rack.

1 year ago:  Raspberry-Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 years ago:  Cranberry Walnut Bread
3 years ago:  German Apple Pancake

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Um...I NEED to make this. Stat.

Dea said...

Ventured out of my zuchinni-bread-comfort-zone and made this one....and what do you know, everyone loved it!! Thanks Kari!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...