ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dessert Club - Herbs & Spices

Dessert Club in September was PHENOMENAL.  The theme was "Herbs & Spices."  But, in celebration of the season, it was really mostly just spices.  Not that anyone complained.  It was festive and spicy and fragrant in the extreme.  I think we were all ready for the warmth of fall baking.  In fact, I was the only one that used an herb.  I think in the spring we should try "Herbs & Spices" again and see if the herbs outweigh in that season.

Even so, there was an impressive variety.  The best thing about Dessert Club is that everyone brings herself to the theme.  And by so doing, gives of herself to the rest of us.  It's really amazing to take part in.

Here were the offerings at this round's smörgåsbord:

Crisp Plum Ravioli with Lemon-Thyme Honey and Yogurt Cheese
(mine)

Spiced Apple Walnut Cake

Coconut Ginger Pudding
(amazing, one of my favorites...)

Fresh Ginger Cake

Pumpkin Dip

Cinnamon Cream Pralines

Apple Pie Apple with Saigon Cinnamon

"Kicked" Molasses Cookies with Pumpkin Dip

Maple Nutmeg Cream Tart with Whipped White Chocolate Ganache

Poached Pears with Spicy Sauce

...and the truly deserving winner of the evening....
Orange & Coriander Cheesecake Ice Cream with Blackberry Swirl

Another astounding DC!

1 comment:

Barbara C. said...

WOW! Please post every one of these recipes! I love fall baking!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...