ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Double Chocolate Cookies
Double Chocolate Cookies (print recipe)
Makes about 3 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 ounces milk chocolate
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl.
2. Coarsely chop 6 ounces of the chocolate, and finely chop the remaining 6 ounces. Microwave coarsely chopped chocolate with butter for 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Microwave an additional 15 seconds if necessary; stir until smooth.
3. Transfer chocolate mixture to bowl of an electric mixer and add sugars, eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in remaining finely chopped chocolate pieces.
4. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake at 375 for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Let the cookies cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to rack; let cool completely.
Recipe from Family Circle, February 2011
1 year ago: Dessert Club - "Gadgets"
2 years ago: Pistachio-Raspberry Tea Cakes
3 years ago: Peanut Butter Melts