ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Banana Mini Morsel Bars

One of my basic beliefs as a baker is that you can never have too many banana recipes. In May I offered you GOING BANANAS week. And beyond that there have been a few other banana recipes since we started in February. I am constantly trying new banana breads, muffins, cakes and confections so as to have a wide variety to choose from when I inevitably start to see those brown spots appear.And I'm not too picky where I get my recipes from. Sometimes I don't need to make 2-day killer chocolate bread. Sometimes I just want to make something simple and good in under an hour that my kids and I will both like. These have bananas, chocolate, brown sugar and all the good stuff. Happy simplicity, and lots of it.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 medium mashed ripe bananas
1 large egg
2 cups Nestle semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
Powdered sugar, optional

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 15x10 jelly-roll pan.

2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in bananas and egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in morsels. Spread into prepared jelly-roll pan.

3. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, optional. Makes about 28 bars.
Recipe from Nestle's VeryBestBaking.com

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I go ape for anything banana! LOL

Kelsey Carreon said...

lets see Bananas chocolate chips, and cake.... ummm you could have just posted the labels to make me start salivating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...