ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi(e) Day

It's a must-post day for any self-respecting food blogger.  I refer you here for my thoughts on the matter.

I did make a pie today - four, actually.  It's my cooking day for Dinner Swap so I made four Icebox Key Lime Pies, in honor of both Pi(e) Day and St. Patrick's coming up this Saturday.  It's so good.

But the real Pi Pie come later this week.  Our friend's birthday is today, so to celebrate, they are having a pie contest party this weekend, and that's when I'll break out the big guns.  I've got it narrowed down to four:

Blueberry Slab Pie
Banana Cream Pie with Salty Bourbon Caramel (it's got a peanut shortbread crust!)
Black Bottom Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Upside-Down Banana Split Pie

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...