ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Monday, January 25, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Muffins

I'm on a muffin kick. I have a huge stack of recipes to try. I had some good macadamia nuts in my cupboard so I moved these to the front of the queue. I took them to a church meeting and they all got eaten so whatever that's worth. People couldn't figure out what kind they were, though - almond? buttermilk? I think it's because the flavors are subtle - definite sweetness, definite nuttiness, but no obvious chunks (because they are the same color as the muffin.) But they're really, really good.White Chocolate Macadamia Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Glaze:
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
2 T heavy whipping cream

1. Preheat oven to 400. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and melted butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the white chocolate and nuts.

2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothipick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
3. For glaze, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chips with cream; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm muffins. Makes 12 muffins
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home, Feb/Mar 2006

3 comments:

Irene said...

Those look really yummy. Lucky church members. Do you want to come to my ward?

Leslie said...

These look totally perfect!

Kelsey Carreon said...

I think that I will know I am in heaven when I die if they have these when I get there! OMG we are making them this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...