ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Friday, September 11, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

This recipe is not a revelation. I've hardly met a chocolate zucchini cake I didn't like. They are usually moist, sweet and yummy.
This is just the most recent one I've made...and loved.3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
3 cups granulated sugar
3 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares, melted
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated zucchini (about 5)
1 cup pecans, chopped
Powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until blended. Add chocolate and oil; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture; beat at low speed until blended. Fold in zucchini and pecans. Pour batter into a well-greased and floured Bundt pan.

3. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

Recipe from Southern Living, August 2002

2 comments:

Kelsey Carreon said...

I love the Health-ish label... and the Enya playing in the background... it fills me up mentally and physically.

Leslie said...

I made chocolate zucchini cake before and it was soooo gross I threw it out!
However this looks delicious and moist ...yum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...